Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Why Not-Quite?

I discovered the concept of Bento lunches one day while hunting for NEW lunch ideas. I had recently chosen a vegetarian lifestyle, and my son & I were considering trying a gluten-free diet so things like peanut butter sandwiches could no longer be our meal of choice.

My children are homeschooled, and the three of us love to plan & prepare our lunches together. Because we usually have no need for lids or reheating, we usually create our lunches on a set of divided plates. It is fun to decide what will go in each of the sections, and to create the most colorful arrangements possible.

Having been Vegetarian for 2 1/2 years now, and Gluten-Free for 1 1/2 years food has been a constant adventure. We all love trying new foods and new combinations of old favorites, and are constantly on the hunt for our next "photo-worthy" lunch.

No comments: